Selected Publications (2012-2016)
1. S. Ramsaha, V.S. Neergheen-Bhujun, S. Verma, A. Kumar, R.K. Bharty, A.K. Chaudhary, P. Sharma, R.K. Singh, P. Huzar Futty Beejan, K.S.Kang, T. Bahorun. Modulation of hepatocarcinogenesis in N-methyl-N-nitrosourea treated Balb/c mice by mushroom extracts. Food and Function, 7, 594-609, 2016
2. Y. D. Louis, D. Kaullysing, A. Gopeechund, S. Mattan-Moorgawa, T. Bahorun, S.D. Dyall and R.Bhagooli. In hospite Symbiodinium photophysiology and antioxidant responses in Acropora muricata on a coast-reef scale: implications for variable bleaching patterns. Symbiosis DOI 10.1007/s13199-016-0380-4, 2016
3. Z. Ruhomally, J. Somanah, T. Bahorun, V.S Neergheen-Bhujun. Morinda citrifolia L. fruit extracts modulates H2O2- induced oxidative stress in human liposarcoma SW872 cells. Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcme.2015.09.003
4. R. Beesoo, V. Neergheen-Bhujun, R. Bhagooli and T. Bahorun. Apoptosis inducing lead compounds isolated from marine organisms of potential relevance in cancer treatment. Mutation Research: Fundamental Molecular Mechanisms of Mutagenesis 768:84-97, 2014
5. O. I. Aruoma, J. Somanah, E. Bourdon, P. Rondeau and T. Bahorun. Diabetes as a risk factor to cancer: functional role of a fermented papaya preparation as phytonutraceutical adjunct for cancer prevention. Mutation Research: Fundamental Molecular Mechanisms of Mutagenenesis 768: 69-68, 2014.
6. S. Verma, T. Bahorun, R. K. Singh, O. I. Aruoma and A. Kumar. Effect of Aegle marmelos leaf extract on N-methyl N-nitrosourea induced hepatocarcinogensis in Balb/c mice. Pharmaceutical Biology 51(10): 1272–1281, 2013.
7. N. A. Toolsee, O. I. Aruoma, T. K. Gunness, S. Kowlessur, V. Dambala, F. Murad, K. Googoolye, D. Daus, J. Indelicato, P. Rondeau, E. Bourdon and T. Bahorun. Effectiveness of Green Tea in a Randomized Human Cohort: Relevance to Diabetes and Its Complications. BioMed Research International Volume 2013, Article ID 412379, 12 pages, 2013.
8. S. Verma, T. Bahorun and A. Kumar. N-methyl N-nitroso Urea (MNU) induced altered DNA structure leads to differential expression of IL-1β, IL-6 and Bcl2 initiating hepato-carcinogensis in Balb/c mice. Preventive Medicine, 54, S130–S136, 2012.
9. J. Somanah, O. I. Aruoma, T. K. Gunness , S.Kowelssur, V. Dambala, F. Murad, K. Googoolye, D. Daus, J. Indelicato, E. Bourdon and T. Bahorun. Effects of a short term supplementation of a fermented papaya preparation on biomarkers of diabetes mellitus in a randomized Mauritian population. Preventive Medicine, 54. S90–S97, 2012
10. T. Bahorun, A. Luximon-Ramma, V.S Neergheen-Bhujun, T. K. Gunness, K. Googoolye, C. Auger, A. Crozier and O.I. Aruoma. The effects of black tea on risk factors of cardiovascular disease in a normal population. Preventive Medicine, 54, S98–S102, 2012.